I have cast fire upon the world and I am
guarding it until it blazes.
- My Albums
- My albums "Stealing The Sun", "Shadow", "Touch" and "Lost Terrain" are all available here.
- Other Works
- A collection of songs, dittys and ambiences from my various albums as well as some unique content. Downloadable as MP3s.
- Rusty Insects
- My project studio where it all comes together. Photos and a complete gearlist with links.
- Serge Modular Synthesizer Pages
- Here you will find a number of web pages covering the unique, hugely-flexible and great-sounding "Mighty Serge". Reviews, resources, panel descriptions, pictures and data.
- Mattson Mini Modular
- Rising from the ashes of the classic PMS Syntar comes George Mattson's newest progeny, the Mattson Mini Modular - a flexible, great-sounding beast with a tiny footprint.
- Waldorf MicrowaveXT
- My extensive Microwave2/XT "Tips & Tricks" page with a huge array of programming workshops, tips, wavetables and other useful bits of flotsam and jetsam.
- Waldorf Microwave Wavetables
- Wavetable charts of all the Waldorf Microwave ROM Wavetables with waveform and spectrum images. Be patient, its still a work-in-progress.
- Nord Wave - Impressions
- The current evolution of Clavia's Nord Lead series, the Nord Wave, takes us into interesting "hybrid" territory for flexible and intriguing sound design possibilities.
- My SCI Pro-One Project
- The step-by-step refurbishment and modification of an old Sequential Circuits Pro-One analog monosynth. A well deserved bit of attention for a great little synth! Lots of photos.
- DSI Evolver
- A resource page dedicated to Dave Smith's best synthesizer yet, the Evolver. MP3s, "Tips & Tricks", Wavecharts, The Definitive Guide to the Evolver and lots more!
- Ensoniq VFX
- An old favorite of mine that still delights me as a programmer. This unusual "performance synth" from the late 80s packs quite a punch and is worthy of a second look - especially at today's prices ;)
- Korg OASYS
- A page devoted to an absolute jewel of a monster keyboard, the incomparable OASYS! Synth engines galore wrapped up in a dream interface of plastic and metal.
- Sequential Circuits Pro-8
- The Pro-8, also known as the Split-Eight is a weird little Japanese "changeling" synth. It has a compelling sound and a quirky featureset.
- Roland Juno-60
- The acquaintance of this old 1-osc polysynth prompted this little review. The Juno60 turned out to be a very pleasant surprise!
- Korg Lambda ES-50
- The Korg Lambda is a fascinating, overlooked vintage polyphonic ensemble instrument that hides a fat polyphonic orchestra beneath its mild-mannered exterior. Manual and Schematics are available here too...
- Moog's "Little Phatty"
- Find out why this Moog monosynth is such an attractive buy. And what a great design, especially compared to similarly-priced vintage synths such as the Prodigy and the Rogue.
- The Syntar
- Years ahead of its time in terms of live player control, the Performance Music Systems Syntar is very much a "hidden gem". Still unparalleled in many ways!
- Alesis Fusion
- My personal history with the recent synthesizer offering from Alesis. In my opinion this workstation offers massive bang-for-the-buck...plus some really unexpected surprises.
- The EDP Wasp
- This "nasty" little two-osc monosynth from the late seventies packs quite a punch! A strange filter design, "touch" keyboard and a checkered past make this synth unique.
- The Fizmo Fix
- The Ensoniq Fizmo is an overlooked beast of a synthesizer, despised by some, loved by a few. If you are one of the latter, you owe it to yourself to fix the Fizmo's deadly "birth defect"!
- Closeup Gear Pics
- Just what it says - nothing but in-your-face pictures of synths and electonic hardware. Just a fun chance to test my closeup meddle with the other gearsluts ;)
- The Carbon111 Blog
- My ponderings on philosophy, people, places and things that make up the myriad mysteries of the world we live in.
- Brew Du Jour
- The Carbon111 Beer Blog - My impressions of micro brews and craft brews that are unique, off the beaten track or simply praiseworthy. My paean to the brew of the gods.
- About Me
- A page regarding my interests with some fun links. Probably a bit boring for all but the most rabid visitors.
- My Font
- This is a Truetype Font of my handwritten alphabet. Free for personal use but for commercial purposes, please contact me.
- A simple little poem from me to the Universe...or is it from the universe to Me? ;)
- My Home-Made Laptop
- A project of mine to make a laptop out of an old paintbox and scavenged industrial PC parts. People pestered me to put this one up :)
- Here are some fun links to some great webcomix and various graphics-oriented sites around the net.
- For Sale
- Synths, Processors and other odds and ends that I'm currently offering for sale.
These pages are best viewed in at least 16 bit color at a resolution of at least
The contents of these pages are Copyright ©James Maier 1997, 2013 All Rights Reserved.
Please report any broken links or problems you may have with these pages.